when i was hired for this job, i was assigned to collect graphic novels (teen & adult), video games, and anime. i recently took over teen fiction and teen non-fiction. (yay!)
in the teen fiction section, there is a suggestion box. today i went to empty it out for the first time.
my favorite suggestion:
“NEEDS MORE PICTURE OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE.”
my other favorite:
“you should get some jonas brothers book marks!”
things are calming down after the rush of new city/new home/new job/new kitty cat, so i’m trying to blog again. i make no promises since we still have comcast (we’re going to cancel after the summer olympics and see if we can find some internets that don’t poop out every 5 seconds).
i’m self-absorbed, so i’m going to start out with one of these meme thangs.
What were you doing five years ago?
hooooo boy. summer after my sophomore year of college, i was back home with my parents, dating an extremely hairy boy, and working as a sushi waitress with my best friend pixi. my work uniform consisted of polka dot warrior headband, hairnet, kimono, white capri pants, and white slip-on sandals from walmart. pixi and i were also night custodians for her father’s company, which was hilarious. and gross.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- walk down to the pharmacy and get some soda.
- go visit rae, mr. rae, and little e.
- clean out cat box.
- read book on front porch.
- convince beloved to go car shopping
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- whole grain pop-tarts
- yogurt smoothies
- chocolate soy milk
- cheez doodles
- greek yogurt with honey
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
- pay off student loans for myself and beloved (one practical thing)
- spend a summer in crete lying on the beach and eating yogurt
- spend the fall in athens writing a book and drinking wine
- buy a condo in downtown seattle
- shop shop shop for myself, beloved, family and friends.
What are five of your bad habits?
- hatred of exercise, except for walking and monthly tennis
- addiction to diet soda. my bones are slowly being replaced by aspartame.
- always making someone else drive
- cannot pass used-book store without buying something
- am anti-social when in the middle of a really good book.
What are five jobs you’ve had?
- waitress at old folk’s home
- assembly line at rear-view mirror factory
- sushi waitress